Official Newsletter of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum
We are pleased to present you with our monthly update on the activities of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum.
REMINDER: Conclusion Workshop - 6 May - attend online!
The first edition of the Observatory will bring its event series to a close with a Conclusion Workshop on Wednesday, 6 May, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 situation in Europe, the workshop will be held online. During the event we will be reviewing the first two years of the Observatory’s work, taking deep dives into some of the key topics we have addressed, and, importantly, looking to the future of blockchain in Europe and globally. You can register using the link below.
- In April we were very happy to be able to publish our thematic report on the subject of the Convergence of blockchain with AI and IoT. While our focus at the Observatory is squarely on blockchain, we know that it is only one of a number of significant emerging technologies. In this paper we trace the different ways blockchain, AI and IoT may complement each other, as well as how the three could be combined in large-scale platforms that “will on the one hand mirror the physical world and be increasingly able to manipulate it and on the other offer important new capabilities and properties not available outside the digital realm”.
- We have also been catching up on our workshop reporting with the following publications:
#EUBlockchain Online Community
Our online forum and other online community activities remain active. Here are some of the issues that caught the attention of our community recently:
- Libra White Paper 2.0
- Open Market Consultation: EU blockchain pre-commercial procurement
- Paper on Self-sovereign identity on public blockchains and the GDPR
- New EC study on legal, governance and interoperability aspects of blockchain
- Finally, a reminder that our workshop videos are always available online. For instance, you might try these: