The EU Blockchain Observatory and Forum is pleased to announce its second hybrid event! The event titled “EU Blockchain developments: shaping the future” will be held on October 20th in Nicosia and will feature speakers across a variety of panels and keynotes on blockchain trends and innovation in Europe and beyond.
The event is set to attract attendees from the European Commission, startups, NGOs, academia, and governments and will cover a variety of topics such as the EU Blockchain ecosystem landscape, regulation, Metaverse, Converging technologies for the 4th Industrial Revolution, European Blockchain Services Infrastructure (EBSI) and Sustainability powered by blockchain.
- An engaging event with opportunities to network and exchange ideas with blockchain experts from around the world.
- A chance to talk directly with regulators and policy makers.
- Discover the latest blockchain trends.
- Attendees from the European Commission, startups, NGOs, academia, and governments.
- Panel discussions on hot topics such as the metaverse, converging technologies and Sustainability and blockchain.
- A specialized session on European Blockchain Services Infrastructure (EBSI)
The confirmed speaker line-up for the event so far includes:
- Eva Kaili, MEP, VP of European Parliament
- Helen Koepman, DG CNECT
- Antonis Polemitis, CEO, University of Nicosia
- Prof George Giaglis, Executive Director of the University of Nicosia
- Nena Dokuzov, European Blockchain Partnership
- Dr Joshua Ellul, Professor at the University of Malta
- Dr Ioannis Revolidis, University of Malta
- Dr Ingrid Vasiliou Feltes, CEO SoftHread, EUBOF Expert Panel
The event will held at the UNESCO Amphitheatre of the University of Nicosia
46 Makedonitissis Avenue, Engomi, Nicosia 2417 Cyprus - Get Directions.
The conference will be organized in hybrid mode, which will allow for both physical and online participation of attendees and speakers.
***************************IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION**************************************
Flying to Cyprus & Airport Transfers
There are only two legal ports of entry into the Republic of Cyprus:
- Larnaca International Airport (LCA) – Glafcos Clerides is Cyprus' main international gateway and the largest of the country's two commercial airports.
- Paphos International Airport (PFO) is the country's second largest airport, after Larnaca International Airport.
Transportation from/to airports:
- Kapnos Airport Shuttle offers the only shuttle service between Nicosia, Larnaka International Airport and Paphos Airport. Seats can be reserved through the company's website. The current fare is at 9€ per route.
- Taxis are always available (24hrs) at both airports for your transfer to Nicosia. Taxis can be booked by phone, or hired directly from the street, and are equipped with taximeters - the use of which is obligatory. Charging commences upon the passenger entering the taxi, and is based on the chart which can be found here.
The agenda is availalble here