The Department of Digital Innovation, in collaboration with the Institute For the Future (IFF) of the University of Nicosia (UNIC), announces the first on-site boot camp on blockchain and crypto, which will take place at UNIC premises on 3-7 October 2022
This boot camp offers an introduction to blockchain technologies and will cover a variety of hot topics such as digital currencies, DAOs, NFTs, the Metaverse and Web3 and discuss the new possibilities that blockchain has to offer to all industries.
Designed by UNIC’s faculty, the 30-hour program aims to:
- introduce blockchain technology and describe and understand its technical components including consensus algorithms; encryption techniques and hash functions; smart contracts.
- explain the peer-to-peer communication paradigm and its advantages over the traditional one.
- familiarize students with Layer 1 blockchain, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- introduce decentralized applications and present several use cases.
- introduce CBDCs and DAOs and their associated legal and security risks.
- present NFTs, Web 3.0 (the decentralized Web) and the Metaverse.