Official Newsletter of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum
We are pleased to present you with our monthly update on the activities of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum.
- Digital assets. We are happy to announce the publication of our latest thematic report entitled Blockchain and the future of digital assets. As we write, tokenised assets can “both reflect the traditional world of assets and represent something completely new in the world”. They can also offer a number of important benefits over traditional asset markets. More in the report.
- Social impact. In February we also published our account of the Use cases in social impact workshop held recently in Barcelona. You can get a short overview in our blog or a more detailed overview in the formal workshop report.
The final two workshops of this edition of the Observatory will be held in March in Brussels. We encourage you all to drop by if you can!
- Energy and Sustainability workshop (March 5, Brussels): This workshop will first explore use cases in the energy sector, with emphasis on the management of renewable energy certificates and grids. Secondly, it will explore the environmental impact of blockchains as well as blockchain-based applications for sustainability.
- Observatory v1 Conclusion workshop (March 26, Brussels): The EU Blockchain Observatory and Forum will conclude its first mandate during a last workshop in Brussels on March 26th. We will take the opportunity to both review our achievements and learnings from the first two years and, as importantly, discuss priorities for the upcoming mandate.
#EUBlockchain Online Community
As usual, our online forum remains active. Here are some of the issues that caught the attention of our community during the month:
- Open Market Consultation Event EU blockchain pre-commercial procurement
- Bafin Guidance Notice Crypto Tokens
- Legal Guidelines for Smart Derivatives Contracts - Equities
- Private International Law Aspects of Smart Derivatives Contracts Utilizing DLT
- Companies that are working on DLT solutions for Capital markets
If you want to monitor the conversation or have your say, you are invited to join our online community.
As always, we would like to thank everyone who has been active in contributing to the Observatory. None of this would be possible without the participation of all of you in our community.
With best regards,
The EU Blockchain Observatory & Forum