Official Newsletter of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum
We are pleased to present you with our monthly update on the activities of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum. This edition of the #EUBlockchain newsletter includes a brief roundup of upcoming workshops and publications.
Our workshop on "Energy Efficiency of Blockchain Technology" took place on the 21st of April. With more than 150 participants, the workshop brought together representatives from the industry, academia, research and policy to discuss the importance of energy efficiency in blockchain applications. Check out the recording of the event session on our YouTube channel, as well as the event presentations in our website.
Our next workshop will be focused on Decentralised Networks Governance and will be organised on the 9th of June 2021.
The workshop will:
- Provide a general overview of Decentralised Network Governance: what is it, how it works, in what forms
- Discuss policy and regulatory considerations on how decentralised networks and organisations work
- Discuss the realities of decentralised network governance including benefits and limitations, regulatory challenges, the need for DAOs as well as future prospects, etc., involving key players from the private and public decentralised space.
Register here to join and contribute to the discussion!
Upcoming EUBOF publications
- May 2021 Trends report will be published at the end of May, providing the latest news and updates on market, technology and regulatory developments.
- The thematic report focusing on Energy Efficiency of Blockchain technology will be out before the end of May. Stay tuned for updates!
- The extended thematic report on Central Bannk Digital Currency and the Digital Euro is expected to be published in June 2021. Follow our website and find out more.
Are you interested in finding out about the blockchain market characteristics? Read the Chaise project report "Study on Blockchain labour market characteristics" that has just been published!
Funding opportunity for blockchain startups
BlockStart is a 6-month acceleration programme funded by the European Commission, aiming to promote blockchain adoption in retail, fintech and ICT.
The last call for blockchain startups, will remain open until the 26th of May, 5pm CET (application form).
Bright Pixel VC investor, CIVITTA innovation consultant and F6S startups community are supporting 60 tech startups and 60 SME adopters with mentoring, networking and €795,000 funding.
Each selected startup will benefit from:
Up to €20k equity-free grant
Mentoring from BlockStart & external experts
Pilot implementations in potential clients
Promotion at BlockStart & external events
Matchmaking with investors & communities
More information on Open Call #3 (the last one) is included in this FAQ and Q&A webinar.
Map of blockchain education and training initiatives
We are proud to present our new website functionality, offering a mapping of existing blockchain training and educational initiatives in Europe and the world!
We invite all organisations offering such training or educational programmes to provide information on their initiatives by completing a simple online form. All entries will be reviewed by our team in terms of relevance and completeness of information and will then be made available on the map.
Users will be able to trace down relevant information on training and education offering based on specific criteria, including country, language, type of courses offered, type of certification, etc.
Visit our website and find out more!
Blockchain initiatives and projects in a map!
Are you aware of any blockchain related initiatives or projects in your country? Are you the owner of any initiatives or project related to blockchain?
Provide the relevant information by simply filling in this form and put your project in the map!
Initiatives include: startups, non for profit organisations, academic research, open source projects, consortium, government or corporate initiatives, foundations and other.
Find out more by visiting our website.
Inputs from the community have a major role in shaping these publications. Conversations are happening every day between the members of the eublockchain.mobilize.io community.
Register today! Become part of the conversation. Stay in the loop. Make connections and share knowledge, tips and ideas.