Official Newsletter of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum
We are pleased to present you with our monthly update on the activities of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum.
This edition of the #EUBlockchain newsletter includes a brief roundup of upcoming workshops and publications.
Our team is currently working on
- A thematic report focused on Blockchain applications in the Energy Sector. This report, expected to be published in March 2022, covers an overview of blockchain technology in the energy sector, examining standardization activities, use cases in the sector, status of R&D and innovation, regulatory challenges and barriers as well as insights directly from the industry based on interviews with experts. The report provides policy and regulatory recommendations for the future development of blockchain applications in the energy sector.
- A thematic report focused on Decentralised Finance (DeFi). The report is aimed to provide an overview of key definitions and DeFi fundamentals, while it provides details about the DeFi market size, the concepts of Decentralised Lending and Borrowing as well as Decentralised Exchanges and other notable DeFi Concepts. This report will be published by the end of March 2022.
- The revision of the thematic report studying the latest developments of the EU Blockchain Ecosystem, covering 31 countries in Europe. This report will aim to provide insights on the latest trends and developments, in terms of regulations, education and training initiatives, and industry. This report is expected to be published in April 2022.
In February the EU Blockchain Observatory and Forum published its long awaited thematic report focused on Blockchain applications in the healthcare sector. The report covers challenges in the healthcare industry, examines regulatory, privacy and ethical implications and presents blockchain applications for healthcare data storage and transparency, for the pharmaceutical and healthcare supply chain. The report includes a dedicated chapter focuses on the role of blockchain applications for COVID-19 pandemic management while experts’ interviews are also included to support our teams’ research findings.
The report is available for reading and downloading here!
Stay tuned for more updates!
Meeting with International Association for Trusted Blockchain Applications to facilitate international collaboration with EaP countries
On 28 February, the EU4Digital Facility will hold a virtual consultation session to support Eastern Partnership (EaP) stakeholders joining the EU network, the International Association for Trusted Blockchain Applications (INATBA) and the EU Blockchain Observatory and Forum.
The goal of this event is the integration of EaP blockchain associations, policy makers specialising in blockchain technology and industry players with the community of thought-leaders and other EU organisations working with INATBA that could foster a positive change in the regulation and development of the blockchain ecosystem in the Eastern partner countries.
The event will invite participants to learn about the opportunities provided by INATBA, experiences of members of the association acting within working groups on different topics, and how to initiate practical networking and collaboration through INATBA’s partnerships with leading standard-setting organisations and global initiatives.
The event will be opened by Paolo Campegiani, Member of the Board of Directors of INATBA and consist of the following themes:
- Presentation of the EU Blockchain strategy
- Introduction of INATBA, its services and potential opportunities to collaborate
- INATBA’s members experience sharing
Finally, during the Q&A session, participants will have a chance to ask questions and learn about further steps for collaborating and becoming a member.
The detailed agenda can be found here.
EUBOF Workshop on Smart Contracts
Smart contracts are simply programs stored on a blockchain that run when predetermined conditions are met. They typically are used to automate the execution of an agreement so that all participants can be immediately certain of the outcome, without any intermediary’s involvement or time loss. They can also automate a workflow, triggering the next action when conditions are met.
Join our workshop on the 10th of March, to
- Define and explain the notion of smart contracts
- Define and explain how smart contracts work
- Discuss the benefits of smart contracts
- Discuss applications and use cases.
Register here to join the event online !
Our agenda will be made available soon.
Inputs from the community have a major role in shaping these publications. Conversations are happening every day between the members of the eublockchain.mobilize.io community.
Register today! Become part of the conversation. Stay in the loop. Make connections and share knowledge, tips and ideas.