Official Newsletter of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum - October 17, 2018
The Observatory & Forum recently issued a major publication: the latest thematic report focuses on Blockchain and the GDPR. In this report, we examine the issues and tensions associated with the implementation of GDPR when using technology, and propose a potential way forward.
Our EU Blockchain Map now also counts close to 400 projects! The initiative is intended to support a better understanding of the blockchain technology and innovation landscape by dynamically mapping existing blockchain projects, initiatives and events in Europe. Let us know about your projects easily using this form.
On October 2, 2018, we held a workshop in Berlin. The theme was: “Scalability, interoperability and sustainability”. The recording will be published shortly on our website.
Two workshops are taking place soon:
- Workshop on e-Identity - Brussels, November 7 Discussions will cover topics such as eIDAS regulation, identity standards and identity in the context of a European blockchain infrastructure. To join us in Brussels you can register using this link.
- Workshop on Blockchains & Smart Contracts Legal and Regulatory Framework - Paris, December 12. To join us in Paris you can register here.
#EUBlockchain Online Community
Our online community has been quite active in recent weeks. Here are some of the posts that caught our attention:
- The UN’s World Food Programme has been testing the use of blockchain since last year to manage aid for over 100,000 refugees in camps in Jordan
- Hyperledger and the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) are linking up through a new partnership
- France Passes the Most Progressive Legislation on ICOs, Bank Accounts to be Guaranteed
- China accepts blockchain verification for evidence in courtroom
- And an interesting database: PositiveBlockchain open-source database
As always, if you want to monitor the conversation or have your say, you are invited to join our online community.
You can also join our newly created community channels:
We look forward to seeing you there! Inputs from this community of 1000+ members have a major role in shaping the workshops and publications of the EU Blockchain Observatory & Forum.
None of this is possible without the active contribution of many of you.
The EU Blockchain Observatory & Forum