Official Newsletter of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum
We are pleased to present you with our monthly update on the activities of the European Union Blockchain Observatory & Forum.
We are thrilled to announce the release of our thematic report "Legal and regulatory framework of blockchains and smart contracts". It addresses issues that we believe are extremely important at the moment to the European blockchain industry as well as policy makers looking to cement Europe’s position as an attractive location for this promising new technology. As always you can download all our papers from the Reports section of the website.
In our legal paper we announced that, before the year is out, we intend to publish a separate report on the legal and regulatory issues around digital assets. Considering the complexity of the subject as well as the amount of interest, we thought it worth its own separate treatment. We will keep you posted.
We also recently published a blog post on the Healthcare Workshop held in Frankfurt at the beginning of September. The full Workshop Report will follow soon.
We continue with our ongoing event series. Upcoming dates include:
- Workshop on blockchain and cyber security (29 October)
- Convergence - The global blockchain congress (11-13 November)
#EUBlockchain Online Community
Our online forum remains active. Here are some of the issues that caught the attention of our community during the month:
- It’s Official: the German Government Now Has a Blockchain Strategy
- US Lawmakers Ask Federal Reserve About National Digital Currency Plans
- World Economic Forum Outlines Over 65 Blockchain Use Cases for Environmental Protection
- FINMA guidance: stringent approach to combating money laundering on the blockchain
- EU's advice on ICOs and crypto-assets
- Interesting developments taking place in the UK using AI and Blockchain under Land and Property Law
- Cryptoassets: Financial regulators differ
If you want to monitor the conversation or have your say, you are invited to join our online community.
We look forward to seeing you there! Inputs from this community of 1,500+ members play a major role in shaping the workshops and publications of the EU Blockchain Observatory & Forum.
As always, we would like to thank everyone who has been active in contributing to the Observatory. None of this would be possible without the participation of all of you in our community.
With best regards,
The EU Blockchain Observatory & Forum